Salkantay Trek Tours To Machu Picchu 4 Days 3 Nights-New-Land-Expeditions
BOOK NOW, THIS AMAZING TRIP´FOR ONLY US $ 280.00
About Salkantay Trek To Machupicchu
Discover one of the most famous hikes we have for you (SALKANTAY TREK). With NEW LAND EXPEDITIONS.
According to investigations, the name would have many meanings, (Salkan quey – Salkan pay) Quechua word which means (wild mountain).
This tour lasts between four to five days, where you will see impressive landscapes, ascending to the highest point, which is the Salkantay pass (6430 masl) where you will have a impressive view of the snow-capped mountain (Salkantay); descending until arriving to the lowest point know as LA CEJA DE SELVA “Eyebrow of the Jungle” (Santa Teresa town 1500 masl), ending at the stunning Machu Picchu (2425 masl).
According to Peruvian geography snow-capped mountain (Salkantay); is located at an altitude of (6271 masl), located in the mountain range of vilcabamba, considered the second highest of Cusco after the Ausangate (6372 masl) mountain range of Vilcanota.
Since ancient times the snow-capped mountain (Salkantay); was regarded as a god, named Apu (Quechua word) which means (god or deity) and today it is still keeping this CUSTUME by local people, as well as by all travelers, leaving mounds of stones as a small offering in respect to this wonderful snow.
According to the magazine of the National Geographic, Salkantay trek was considered one of the hikes most visited and recommended by travelers worldwide.
For this tour, NEW LAND EXPEDITIONS have the best team of workers such as cooks, porters and especially the best guides of the route, which have an experience of over 15 years and with a great knowledge of our culture and first aid.
Tour Itinerary :
DAY 1 : MOLLEPATA TREK – SORAYPAMPA
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 a.m. to drive for about three hours to Mollepata where we start our Salkantay Trek. As soon as we are at Mollepata you will have breakfast, ands while are eating, the cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking. The first three hours will be a little bit uphill to get to Cruzpata, where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft). And this is just the start! We will begin our Salkantay Trek to Soraypampa, our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (with 3800 m./11750ft the highest and coldest campsite of the trip). We will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow capped -mountain of Cusco.
Total distance: 15 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 2:30 – 3 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Ver más fotos del primer dia http://www.newlandexpeditions.com/peru-info/tour-salkantay-trek-first-day.peru
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA -CHAULLAY OR COLLPAPAMPA (MIGHTY SALKANTAY)
After having our breakfast we start walking around 5:30 am. This day will be the longest day. The first three hours are uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft), located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility that it contains snow.
After a rest, we will continue our walk downhill through an impressive cloud forest to Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. After lunch, we hike again in the direction of the start of the jungle, until we reach our second camping spot of Chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
Total distance: 19 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 8 – 9 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 2,750 m (aprox.)
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – SAHUAYACO (CLOUD FOREST)
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa. We will be walking about six hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants, and as soon as we are at La Playa, we ride by horse, back to Mollepata, taking the same Salkantay Trek. After having lunch here, we take a local car to get Hydroelectric station to start walking two more hours by taking the railroad to Aguas Calientes.
Total distance: 16 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,750 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 1,600 m (aprox.)
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU!!
This is the most important day of the Salkantay Trek. We wake up early in the morning around 4:00 am and have breakfast at 4:30. We leave after breakfast to walk up to Machu Picchu, which takes one and a half hour. Another option is to catch the first bus, which leaves at 5:30 am to Machu Picchu (25-minutes ride). In both situations, walking or taking the bus, you will be able to see the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (of approximately two hours) is given by your guide. After this tour you can explore the mysterious city by yourself. If you still have energy, you can climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft!!). It takes 45 minutes to reach the top. After enjoying Machu Picchu, we have to go down (walking or by bus) to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo and the bus back Cusco.
Total distance: 4 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 1- 2 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (aprox.)
New Land Expeditions Included:
- Profesional bilingual tour Guide.
- Maximum number of paxs is 10 paxs.
- First day Andean ceremony, offering to the mother Earth.
- Private transport back from Ollamtaytambo to Cusco.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Food: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners.
- Pick up from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying).
- Camping equipment (tent, cooking and eating tent, portable chairs and tables).
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment).
- Private transport to Mollepata Markocasa (trailhead).
- 6 Kilos of your personal belongins to be carried by the horses.
- Tourist train back to Ollantaytambo (expedition service can be at 18:45 pm or 21:50 pm, leaving from Aguas Calientes).
- 1 Night accommodation in a hostal in Aguas Calientes (private room,cable tv, wi fi and hot water).
- 3-Persons tents capacity, just for two paxs to have more space to store your luggage.
- First Aid kit.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available.
- Thermarest (air mat) sleeping mat.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available.
New Land Expeditions Not Included:
- Breakfast on first day and lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (optional), $24 dolars round trip (one way 12 dolars and you can buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station).
- Entrances to the hot spring waters or transportation to get there (15 soles round trip) in Aguas calientes(10 soles).
- Entrance fees to Wayna Picchu (if you take this entrance, it will be charged 10 dollars to the original price).
Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.
Note: if you need something to rent from us, we will arrange it for you, without any deposit (because most of the rent camping shops ask around 50 or 60 dollars for anything you want to hire).
What You Need To Take:
- Insurance card is essential.
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho.
- Sleeping bag.
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC), green card.
- Warm jack.
- Hat and gloves.
- Rain pants.
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors).
- Comfortable trousers.
- Rain pants.
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended).
- Sun hat, bathing suit (for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes).
- Insect Repellent, 40 % Deet (for mosquitos).
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ), the sun is strong here.
- Personal medication.
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight).
- Camera and film camera.
Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles).
Walking poles (Black Diamont or Leki brand).
Optional items to take:
- Walking poles (with rubber tips). These can also be hired from us.
- Short pants.
- Plaster and bandage.