Manu Jungle Peru Tours – Cultural Zone 4 Days 3 Nights
Book now, this wonderful tour for only US$ 380.00
About Manu National Park
The Manu jungle reserve is the most amazing jungle around the world that’s why, today is visited by many tourist from all the world, where you will get a wonderful adventure inside it.
The Manu Biosphere Reserve is one of the most pristine areas of rainforest in the Amazon and consists of the entire drainage basin of the Manu River. There are very few human settlements in the park, and there is no hunting or fishing. Tourism is strictly controlled and visitors are only allowed into the park if accompanied by a registered guide and with a registered tour operator. Tours must be organised in advance, and all of the agencies have offices in Cusco. It is also possible to organise tours from Lima or abroad, although all operators work with one of the ten official operators allowed into the park. It is possible to visit the Manu area without entering the reserved zone, and much good wildlife can still be seen. However, there is less control on human activity in the area outside the park.
The Manu Biosphere Park consists of two zones: the Manu National Park, which can only be entered by professional biologists with a special permit; and the Manu Reserved Zone, which can be entered by tourists, but only with an organised tour. There are buffer zones around the park, often referred to as the Cultural Zone, although this is no official protection for this area. The Manu National Park covers 1,532,860 hectares, and the Manu Reserved Zone another 260,000 hectares. Manu contains 13 different ecological zones ranging in altitude from 200m to 4,000m, meaning that it has an incredible variety of flora and fauna.
In 2000, almost 3,000 visitors entered the Manu reserved zone compared with 20,000 who visited the Puerto Maldonado area. Although there are no official limits of the number of visitors, the expense of visiting Manu means that numbers are self-limiting. Additionally, agencies are strictly controlled and are only allowed to visit certain parts of the reserved zone, and even then only allowed in for three days at a time.
Tours to the Manu reserved zone are expensive, ranging from about $500 for the cheapest, taking the bus in and out, to almost $2,000 when staying in one of the lodges. The reason for this is that the transport costs are expensive due to the distances involved.. However, it is sometimes possible to get discounts on official prices. If an agency has a tour leaving in a day or two and still has spaces, it may be willing to offer a discount to try and fill a place. It can be worth shopping around the see if this is the case.
MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY 4 Days and 3 Nights
The program can change according to the weather, river conditions and wishes of the group.
FIRST DAY: CUSCO – CLOUD FOREST-PILCOPATA.
We leave from Cusco in our comfortable bus, ascending to the folkloric townof Paucartambo. On the way we visit the Pre Incas funeral towers of Ninamarca. Then we drive through the impressive cloud forest full of plants and beautiful orchids, here we take our first hike and we have the chance to observe the Peru´s national bird-Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola Peruviana), monkeys and many different species of birds. With luck the only South American bear-the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos Ornatus). In the evening we arrive to Pilcopata, we sleep in a typical lodge. Showers and toilets shared.
SECOND MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: PILCOPATA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
After breakfast we will continue by private bus to Atalaya. On the way we will stop to observe a coca plantation, we will also stop at a view point where you can get a good overview of the jungle and river. From Atalaya we leave by motorized boat to Aguas Calientes, where you can bath in the nature hot springs. In the afternoon we will walk in the jungle for several hours in order to appreciate the many different kind of animals, birds, plants and flowers. If we are lucky we will see monkeys. In the evening we will come back to the campsite for dinner and sleep in tents close to the Alto Madre de Dios River.
THIRD MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – SOGA DE ORO
We will leave early to visit the parrot clay lick and after breakfast we will continue by boat, stopping to visit the native community Shintuya on the way. Before lunch we will walk in the jungle for several hours and see different animals, birds such as tiger heron, eagle, flycatcher, kingfisher etc. and many different kinds of plants and flowers. We will then take the boat to Soga de Oro. In the afternoon we will visit Salvacion Lake where we will take a balsa raft and see the pre-historic Hoatzin bird, watch the beautiful sunset and after dark we will look for Caimans. In the evening we will build a bonfire, relax and have some drinks and a BBQ. We will spend the night at Soga de Oro sleeping on raised platforms in tents.
FOURTH MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: SOGA DE ORO – CUSCO
After Breakfast we will return to Atalaya by boat where our private bus will be waiting to take us back to Cusco. We return to Cusco via the cloud forest and Paucartambo. We will arrive back in Cusco in the late afternoon.
- pre departure manu jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
- Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
- cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
- camping equipment/tents and mats (in case we camp in the jungle)
- Transportation by private bus from Cusco to the Cloud Forest and Atalaya , and back from Atalaya to Cusco (4 day tour)
- Transportation by private boat: Atalaya / Bonanza lodge / Atalaya (4-day tour)
- Overnights in lodges and camping huts
- Mineral water all the time
- Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Manu National Park guide book – Talking About Manu
• Manu National Park entrance fee
• Entrance fee to the hot springs
• Vegetarian option…send us you requirements please.
• Entrance to Soga de Oro
• Entrance to the hot spring
• First Aid Kit (bring your personal Medication)
MANU JUNGLE HOLIDAY NO INCLUDES:
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON THIS MANU JUNGLE HOLIDAY:
- Rainfrest expeditins are nt cmfrtable turs, but with the fllwing equipment yu will get the best ut f the frest and yurself:
- Binculars (imperative)
- Flashlight with spare bulbs and extra batteries
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired frm us US$5 a day)
- Day pack
- Lng pants and lng-sleeved shirts
- T-shirts light shirts
- Shrts/Bathing suit
- Sweater r light jacket
- 1 pair f hiking bts and 1 pair f light shes r trekking sandals
- Lng scks
- Rain gear
- Rubber bts (nly in the rainy seasn-we prvide them)
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sun blck
- Insect repellent (with at least 40% DEET) and after bite
- Plastic bags (t keep everything dry)
- Water bttle (with water fr the bus ride int Manu)
- Cpy f a valid passprt
- Cpy f yellw fever and tetanus vaccinatins
- Mney fr sft drinks r beers and handicrafts